READ Cased Hole has reached a significant safety milestone by clocking up more than 100,000 work hours without a single recordable incident since December 2016.
Ian Kerr, READ’s QHSE manager said, “We’re extremely proud of this achievement. It’s down to the hard work, commitment and safety awareness of all members of our organisation, each and every day. No matter the activity, location or work schedule – safety is our number one priority at all times. And we’re 100% committed to continuing our impeccable safety record going forward.”
There are countless examples across our business of how we are creating and sustaining a positive safety culture.
- Through our Zero Harm campaign, we strive to eliminate events that have the potential to cause harm to people, property or the environment.
- Our whole-company safety meetings have a different presenter each month to empower everyone to take ownership of safety.
- Anyone visiting our offices will see our Safety Commitment on display throughout our offices, which has been signed by all members of staff.
- Mandatory QHSE training for all new starts and robust QHSE policies and management systems.
- And we have safety moments at the start of each meeting, safety observation cards to be submitted by all members of the team, and lessons learned, safety statistics and safety alerts which are communicated throughout our business.
Our safety focus doesn’t stop when we leave the office at the end of the working day.
Ian continued, “We can all take the safety messages and good practices we learn at work and apply them to our home and personal lives. So, for example, if we’re at home doing some DIY or gardening, or travelling overseas on holiday, it’s important to think about how we can safeguard our own personal safety and that of those around us.”